Connect with us

Liverpool FC

Liverpool to submit €37million ‘first official offer’ for lightning-quick forward

Published

on

Liverpool to submit €37million ‘first official offer’ for lightning quick forward

After a spectacular breakthrough season in the Premier League, Liverpool are reportedly planning to make an offer for Leeds United forward Raphinha.

Liverpool are set to make a ‘first official offer’ to Leeds United for Raphinha worth €37 million (£32 million), according to Mercado Ingles, after he impressed in the Premier League this season.

This season, the Peacocks’ lightning-quick Brazilian forward scored eight goals and provided 11 assists, guiding them to a ninth-place finish in their first season back in the Premier League.

Advertisement
Liverpool to submit €37million ‘first official offer’ for lightning-quick forward
Image Credit: Getty Images

Apart from the fact that he is someone who is appreciated by the Liverpool coaching staff, there isn’t much else to Mercado Ingles’ information, and Anfield Central hasn’t heard anything about interest in the forward.

Raphinha would be an excellent back-up option for Mohamed Salah, but his lack of adaptability means that unless the Egyptian is used as a striker, Raphinha will be forced to play as his back up.

Football

Jurgen Klopp has good news for Liverpool fans

Published

on

Jurgen Klopp has good news for Liverpool fans

Jurgen Klopp provided a team update during his pre-match press conference ahead of Liverpool’s encounter against Brentford.

Klopp claims the Reds had picked up a few knocks following their clash against Arsenal on Thursday night. The boss, on the other hand, maintains that the medical team has informed him that all of the players involved should be able to play against the Bees.

With star players away at the African Cup of Nations, the Reds need to make sure they don’t have any more selection concerns, and happily, despite a few knocks, they appear to have gotten through a physically demanding match against the Gunners relatively unharmed.

Advertisement

“As far as I know there are no real injuries. We got knocks last night, Robbo got a knock, Virg got a knock, Millie got a knock, but directly after the game, the medical department told me they would all be fine, but we will see. There are no ‘injuries’ so far, so it should be the same squad available like for the game against Arsenal,” Jurgen Klopp said.

Following the postponement of their Carabao Cup match, the Reds’ fixture slate has become extremely crowded, so fitness and injuries will have been a major concern.

Fortunately, it appears that Liverpool will be able to field a relatively strong XI against Brentford this Saturday, and while Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, and Naby Keita will all be absent, this update has given Liverpool the best possible opportunity of beating Brentford this weekend.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Football

Liverpool player wants to leave, Reds willing to accept his request

Published

on

Liverpool player wants to leave, Reds willing to accept his request

Neco Williams wishes to leave the club this month, and the club is willing to let him go.

Williams, according to Sky Sports, is concerned about his lack of game time as the World Cup play-offs approach.

Williams does not want his lack of regular game time at Liverpool to force him to fall out of contention for a place in the Wales national squad.

Advertisement

Williams appears to have no chance of breaking into Liverpool’s starting lineup, with Alexander-Arnold always in form.

The Reds are ‘sympathetic’ to Williams’ situation and will allow him to leave if the right offer is made in.

Williams, who was dubbed ‘excellent’ by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain earlier this season, could leave on loan or permanently, with Liverpool reportedly open to either option.

Advertisement

Because of Conor Bradley’s progress at Liverpool, the Reds aren’t entirely opposed to losing Williams and elevating the Northern Irishman.

Both Leeds United and Aston Villa were interested in signing Williams this summer and could be viable options this month.

Leeds are in need of defensive reinforcements, and Williams might be the right back of the future.

Advertisement

Although Villa have Matty Cash at right back, Williams can provide strong opposition for Liverpool veteran Steven Gerrard.

Continue Reading

Football

Expert issues ‘shock’ verdict on Ricardo Pereira comeback date

Published

on

Expert issues 'shock' verdict on Ricardo Pereira comeback date

Despite a broken leg, Leicester City’s Ricardo Pereira might be out for as little as “six to eight weeks.”

According to Ben Dinnery, who operates the Premier Injuries website and has a background in medical and data analysis, this is the case.

In last Wednesday’s League Cup match at Anfield, Tyler Morton, 19, of Liverpool, avoided a red card for his rash challenge on Ricardo Pereira.

Advertisement

As reported by The Sun last Sunday (26 December), Brendan Rodgers stated that Pereira had a “fractured fibula” as a result of the challenge.

It was the right-first back’s game back following a 12-match layoff due to a hamstring injury.

But, as Dinnery says, Pereira’s injury isn’t as serious as the average person may think.

Advertisement

“We say broken leg and think it’s always long-term, but it shocks some people to know that’s not always true,” he told Football Insider‘s, Adam Williams.

“It’s a fractured fibula, so it’s non-weight-bearing. He isn’t exactly pain-free but on the scale of injuries, it isn’t too serious.

“There have been examples of players returning in four or five weeks. I would suggest in this instance that it is more likely to be six to eight weeks.

Advertisement

“If we were looking at an ACL then it’s a significant amount of time on the sidelines, so he’ll be grateful it isn’t that.

“I’m not aware of any plans for surgery, so we can assume that it is non-displaced and doesn’t need any fixation.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: