Rafa Benitez has stated that the Premier League’s Financial Fair Play rules need Everton to sell players before continuing with their transfer business this summer.
So far in the window, the club has brought in three new players in Asmir Begovic, Andros Townsend, and Demarai Gray, but has only spent £1.7 million in total in what has been a difficult few weeks.
Everton are interested in a number of players, including a new right back, winger, and midfielder, but they are now under pressure to show a number of first-team players the exit door in order to spend more.
‘The reality is that we know the financial fair play rules are there and we have to follow them,’ Benítez said. ‘I know what is the situation and we will try to do our best with the players we have.
‘If we can strengthen our squad we will try to do it. In these circumstances we have to move players on – that is simple to understand.’
After Carlo Ancelotti left for Real Madrid, Sportsmail revealed in June that Rodriguez was being pursued by clubs throughout Europe, with AC Milan being the most likely destination.
Porto has already indicated interest, and Rodriguez, whose weekly salary is roughly £220,000, has stated that he only wants to play for a club where he is “wanted.”
He told fans on a live Twitch stream: ‘I don’t know what’s going to happen. I don’t know – I don’t know where I’m going to play.
‘You know that in football and in life you don’t know anything, but all I know is that I’ve been training hard, preparing well, training for myself and that’s it.
‘It’s complicated. [I will play] wherever I’m wanted. Someone has to be at a place they’re wanted.’
Rodriguez’s departure would improve Everton’s current predicament, and the manager has not ruled out bringing in more players before the transfer deadline.
‘I’m sure that if you asked, the majority of the managers want to improve, want to strengthen their squad,’ he added.
‘It still is early, we have to wait a little bit until the end of the transfer window. But I’m happy with the way the players are training, the way we are working, and hopefully we can replicate that on the pitch.’
Two Everton midfielders out for minimum of four weeks
After suffering injuries in the last week, Everton midfielders Abdoulaye Doucoure and Fabian Delph will both be out for at least four weeks.
The injury to Doucoure occurred in the second half of Everton’s 1-0 loss to Aston Villa on Saturday, while the injury to Delph occurred in training.
Duncan Ferguson, the interim manager, suddenly has a scarcity of fit midfield players, with Tom Davies also sidelined for a prolonged period.
Allan, Andre Gomes, and Jean-Philippe Gbamin, as well as Tyler Onyango, are available.
An Everton statement read: “Everton midfielders Abdoulaye Doucoure and Fabian Delph are expected to be out for a minimum of four weeks after sustaining injuries.
“Frenchman Doucoure was forced off in the 65th minute of Saturday’s Premier League match against Aston Villa at Goodison Park due to a groin problem.
“Subsequent tests have revealed the 29-year-old requires a period of rehabilitation under the care of Everton’s medical staff at USM Finch Farm.
“Meanwhile, Delph sustained a thigh injury during a training session this week and is now undergoing treatment with the club’s medical team.”
Everton now considering talks with two managers as Moshiri urged to consider U-turn
In their search for a new boss to replace Rafael Benitez, Everton will invite both Niko Kovac and Rudi Garcia to offer their ideas.
Everton fired Benitez earlier this month, but Farhad Moshiri has failed to identify a suitable replacement.
Duncan Ferguson is in charge until further notice, and Everton’s managerial search appears to be sending contradictory signals.
Vitor Pereira has recently become a hot name, but according to The Mirror, Moshiri has been tempted to make a hasty decision.
Everton are currently considering other managers after Moshiri was urged not to hurry into a potentially hazardous appointment.
According to reports, Kovac and Garcia have emerged as ‘strong candidates’ for the Everton position and would be invited to ‘present themselves.’
Everton wants to hear what both coaches have to say, and such discussions might happen shortly, with an appointment required.
Monaco fired Kovac at the start of January, despite the fact that he had won three of his previous four races.
Last season, the Croatian led Monaco to third place in Ligue 1 and left the club with a solid record, winning about 57% of his matches.
Kovac appears to be an incredible option for Everton. In 2018, he won the DFB-Pokal with Eintracht Frankfurt, followed by the Bundesliga title with Bayern Munich the following year.
His clubs have performed well in cup tournaments, and he has gotten the best out of several young players – all of which should pique Everton’s interest.
Garcia, who departed Lyon at the end of last campaign, is another out-of-work manager.
Garcia’s biggest managerial achievement was winning the Ligue 1 trophy with Lille in 2011.
Garcia has been quite steady in his last four roles. Lille, Roma, Marseille, and Lyon had respective victory rates of 50.39 percent, 51.69 percent, 48.59 percent, and 53.85 percent.
They’re all in the same ballpark, with him winning roughly half of his matches – and Everton might be interested in that.
Everton senior board members fume as Farhad Moshiri talks with Vitor Pereira in Monaco
According to the Daily Star, senior Everton officials are furious with Farhad Moshiri over his weekend meetings with Vitor Pereira.
Moshiri met with the contender for talks in Monaco, according to the newspaper’s print copy (25/01).
Given how disastrous the move to appoint Rafa Benitez was, board members at Goodison Park are thought to have strong opposition.
“Board and on the senior executive, especially given the disastrous appointment of Rafa Benitez,” the piece concluded.
Moshiri appeared to be going in headfirst and making the decision without engaging anyone.
This just goes to show that, while he may be a terrific businessman, his football brain is still lagging behind and causing serious problems at Goodison Park.
The owner is in desperate need of advice because some of his recent actions have been comical.
The fans are grateful to those senior board members who opted to stand up and be counted on this occasion, preventing a catastrophe.
Pereira may have won awards during his career, but he did so in nations like China, Greece, and Portugal, where it is expected.
Hopefully, Moshiri will listen to his board members more often, and they will assist him in making the best decision possible to move the Toffees ahead rather than backward.
News11 months ago
Rodgers says no timeline on injured Maddison’s return
Everton2 weeks ago
Report: Farhad Moshiri in talks for £9 million attacker despite Benitez’s reluctance
News11 months ago
Brendan Rodgers takes blame for Europa League exit
News11 months ago
Solskjaer promises ‘responsible’ transfer business
News11 months ago
Manchester derby early team news and lineup
Everton2 months ago
Everton chairman makes feeling clear on Benitez future to Moshiri
News11 months ago
Alisson Becker suffers the death of father in a tragic drowning
Football7 months ago
West Ham make first move of summer window as low £15.5m bid is lodged for the new Vidic